from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The frame supporting a bed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The framework that supports a bed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A framework for supporting a bed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A frame or framework, more or less elaborate, for supporting a bed: most commonly made of wood, but now often of iron, and sometimes of brass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the framework of a bed
bed + stead (Wiktionary)