from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tub for bathing, especially one installed in a bathroom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large container for holding water in which a person may bathe (take a bath).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A relatively large tub used to take a bath, usually a permanent fixture in a bathroom; it is an open container that is filled with water, in which a person immerses himself for the purpose of washing the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tub to bathe in: in the usual form, approximately of the length of the body, and often permanently fixed in a bath-room. Also called bathing-tub.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body
From bath + tub. (Wiktionary)