from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Happening once every 200 years.
- adj. Lasting for 200 years.
- adj. Relating to a 200th anniversary.
- n. A 200th anniversary or its celebration. Also called bicentenary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
- adj. Occurring every two-hundred (200) years
- n. The 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of two hundred years.
- adj. Occurring every two hundred years.
- n. The two hundredth year or anniversary, or its celebration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or lasting two hundred years: as, a bicentennial period.
- Occurring every two hundred years.
- n. The two hundredth anniversary of an event; a bicentenary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 200th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
- adj. of or relating to or completing a period of 200 years
From Latin bi two + centum hundred + annus year + -al (Wiktionary)