from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The day of one's birth.
- n. The anniversary of one's birth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The anniversary of the day on which something is created.
- n. The date on which someone is born or something is created, more commonly called birthdate or date of birth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The day in which any person is born; day of origin or commencement.
- n. The day of the month in which a person was born, in whatever succeeding year it may recur; the anniversary of one's birth.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the day of birth, or its anniversary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The day on which a person is born, or the anniversary of the day; hence, day or time of origin or commencement.
- Relating or pertaining to the day of a person's birth, or to its anniversary: as, a birthday ode or gift; birthday festivities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the date on which a person was born
- n. an anniversary of the day on which a person was born (or the celebration of it)
Sorry, no etymologies found.