from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of having a bitter taste
- n. the quality of feeling bitter; acrimony, resentment
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being bitter, sharp, or acrid, in either a literal or figurative sense; implacableness; resentfulness; severity; keenness of reproach or sarcasm; deep distress, grief, or vexation of mind.
- n. A state of extreme impiety or enmity to God.
- n. Dangerous error, or schism, tending to draw persons to apostasy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being bitter, in any of the senses of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of deep and bitter anger and ill-will
- n. the property of having a harsh unpleasant taste
- n. a rough and bitter manner
- n. the taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth
bitter + -ness (Wiktionary)