from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small grocery store, sometimes combined with a wineshop, in certain Hispanic communities.
- n. A warehouse for the storage of wine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Storehouse for maturing wine
- n. Store specializing in Hispanic groceries
- n. a convenience store
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wine-cellar, or a shop where wine is sold from the wood; a wine-vault.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small Hispanic shop selling wine and groceries
Spanish, from Latin apothēca, storehouse; see apothecary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Spanish, from Latin apotheca ("storehouse"), from Ancient Greek ἀποθήκη (apotheke, "storehouse") (Wiktionary)