from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small retail shop that specializes in gifts, fashionable clothes, accessories, or food, for example.
- n. A small shop located within a large department store or supermarket.
- n. A small business offering specialized products and services: an investment boutique; a health-care boutique.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Specialized in bespoke or custom-made products for clientele in a niche market.
- n. A small shop, especially one that sells fashionable clothes, jewelry and the like.
- n. A small shop located within a larger one.
- n. A film production company making only a few movies per year.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shop or place where goods are sold at retail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shop that sells women's clothes and jewelry
French, from Old French botique, small shop, from Old Provençal botica, from Latin apothēca, storehouse; see apothecary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French boutique. (Wiktionary)