from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pastille used to sweeten the breath.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sweet taken to sweeten the breath.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A silvered aromatic pill, used to correct the odor of the breath.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sweetmeat, generally in the form of a pill, made of the extracts of licorice, cashew-nut, gum, etc., used by tobacco-smokers and others to sweeten the breath.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a scented lozenge used to sweeten the breath (e.g. to conceal the odor of tobacco)
French, from Portuguese cachu, from Malayalam kāccu, from Tamil kāyccu.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French cachou, from Portuguese cachu, from Malay kacu ‘type of acacia’. (Wiktionary)