from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The office or term of a chairman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The office, or the term of a chairman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office of a chairman of a meeting or organized body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office of a chairman or presiding officer, as of a committee or board; the performance of the duties of a chairman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position of chairman
chairman + -ship (Wiktionary)