from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of prevaricate; one who prevaricates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who prevaricates.
- n. A sham dealer; one who colludes with a defendant in a sham prosecution.
- n. One who betrays or abuses a trust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who prevaricates; a shuffier; a quibbler.
- n. One who acts with unfaithfulness and want of probity; one who abuses a trust.
- n. Formerly, at the University of Cambridge, England, the opponent of the inceptor at commencement. He delivered a prefatory oration, freely satirizing prominent individuals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who has lied or who lies repeatedly
to prevaricate + -or or Latin praevaricator: compare French prévaricateur. (Wiktionary)