from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Calling for full use of one's abilities or resources in a difficult but stimulating effort: a challenging course of study; a challenging role for an inexperienced performer.
- adj. Absorbing; intriguing: a challenging idea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of challenge.
- adj. Difficult, hard to do.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. requiring full use of one's abilities or resources.
- adj. disposed to or engaged in defiance of established authority.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. stimulating interest or thought
- adj. disturbingly provocative
- adj. requiring full use of your abilities or resources
Sorry, no etymologies found.