from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The large spiral shell of several species of sea conch, much used in making bangles, especially Turbinella pyrum.
- v. To eat noisily; to champ or chomp
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The East Indian name for the large spiral shell of several species of sea conch much used in making bangles, esp. Turbinella pyrum. Called also chank shell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chough, or red-legged crow, Pyrrhocorax graculus.
- n. The most generally known species of the family Turbinellidæ, Turbinella pyrum.
Sorry, no etymologies found.