from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stock-market specialist who uses charts and graphs to interpret market action, predict trends, or forecast price movements of individual stocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A financial analyst who attempts to predict future movements in the prices of shares or other financial instruments by looking for patterns in charts of historical data.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A supporter or partisan of chartism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a body of political reformers (chiefly working men) that sprang up in England about the year 1838.
- Of or pertaining to the Chartists; connected with Chartism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a 19th century English reformer who advocated better social and economic conditions for working people
- n. a stock market analyst who tries to predict market trends from graphs of recent prices of securities
chart + -ist (Wiktionary)