from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The rank or office of a professor.
- n. College or university professors considered as a group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The office of a professor; professorship
- n. Professors considered as a group or body
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The body of professors, or the professorial staff, in a university or college.
- n. A professorship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An improper form of professorate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.