from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See wintergreen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The teaberry, Gaultheria procumbens.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A spicy plant and its bright red berry; the wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens). Also incorrectly applied to the partridge berry (Mitchella repens).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small creeping plant, the Mitchella repens, growing in North America.
- n. The American wintergreen, Gaultheria procumbens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. creeping shrub of eastern North America having white bell-shaped flowers followed by spicy red berrylike fruit and shiny aromatic leaves that yield wintergreen oil
- n. spicy red berrylike fruit; source of wintergreen oil
checker(board) + berry.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)