from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or thing that causes something to circulate
- n. A local transit system that provides regular service within a closed loop
- n. A passive electronic component with three or more ports, in which the ports can be accessed in such a way that when a signal is fed into any port it is transferred to the next port only
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, circulates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which circulates: specifically applied to a circulating decimal fraction. See decimal.
- n. A juggler; a mountebank; one who goes about showing tricks.
- n. A function of two whole numbers, a variable, q, and a period, a, of the form where aq, etc., are circulating elements, and A0, etc., are numerical coefficients. Also called circulating function.
circulate + -or (Wiktionary)