from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove ice or frost from: defrosted the windshield.
- transitive v. To cause to thaw.
- intransitive v. To become free of ice or frost: a freezer that defrosts automatically.
- intransitive v. To become thawed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove frost from.
- v. To thaw something.
- v. To recover from something tiresome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove the frost or ice from.
- intransitive v. To become free of frost or ice.
- intransitive v. To thaw; -- used especially of items removed from a freezer, such as frozen foods.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove the effects of frost or freezing from; restore to a sound unfrozen condition or state.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make or become free of frost or ice
Sorry, no etymologies found.