from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The threshold of a doorway.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The horizontal piece of wood, stone or metal at the threshold of a doorway; a doorstep
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The sill or threshold of a door.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sill or threshold of a doorway.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sill of a door; a horizontal piece of wood or stone that forms the bottom of a doorway and offers support when passing through a doorway
Sorry, no etymologies found.