from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Loose stones on hillsides deposited by weathering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. to make a shrill creaking noise by rubbing together special bodily structures, as of male insects such as crickets or grasshoppers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To emit a short, shrill, strident call or note, as a grasshopper; make a slight rattle.
- n. A slight rattling noise.
- n. Same as clatter, n. Compare clutter, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a shrill creaking noise by rubbing together special bodily structures
Sorry, no etymologies found.