from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A frame on which clothes are hung to dry or air.
- n. A person excessively concerned with dress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A frame on which laundry is hung to dry.
- n. A person excessively concerned with the appearance of their clothing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A frame to hang clothes on.
- n. a person who is conspicuous for dressing fashionably, especially one who spends much time or money to acquire clothing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A frame to hang clothes or household linen on, especially for drying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a framework on which to hang clothes (as for drying)
- n. a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
clothes + horse (Wiktionary)