from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Candies and other confections considered as a group.
- n. The skill or occupation of a confectioner.
- n. A confectioner's shop.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Foodstuffs that taste very sweet, taken as a group; candies, sweetmeats and confections collectively.
- n. The business or occupation of manufacturing confectionery; the skill or work of a confectioner.
- n. A store where confectionery is sold; a confectioner's shop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Sweetmeats, in general; things prepared and sold by a confectioner; confections; candies.
- n. A place where candies, sweetmeats, and similar things are made or sold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place where sweetmeats and similar things are made or sold; a confectioner's shop.
- n. Collectively, sweetmeats; things prepared or sold by a confectioner: confections.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the occupation and skills of a confectioner
- n. a confectioner's shop
- n. candy and other sweets considered collectively
Sorry, no etymologies found.