from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. coarse; crude; not refined or sensible
- adj. materialistic
- adj. dense
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Gross; thick; dense; coarse; not elaborated or refined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Thick; coarse; gross; not thin nor fine: now chiefly used of immaterial things.
- Gross; stupid; obtuse: as, crass ignorance.
- n. A species of sea-anemone, Bunodes crassicornis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of persons) so unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility
Latin crassus, dense.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin crassus ("dense"). (Wiktionary)