from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to tolerate or endure; unbearable: intolerable agony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not tolerable; not capable of being borne or endured; not proper or right to be allowed; insufferable; insupportable; unbearable.
- adj. Extremely offensive or insulting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not tolerable; not capable of being borne or endured; not proper or right to be allowed; insufferable; insupportable; unbearable
- adj. Enormous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not tolerable; not to be borne or endured; insupportable; insufferable; insufferably objectionable or offensive: as, intolerable pain, heat, or cold; an intolerable burden.
- Synonyms Unbearable, unendurable, insupportable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. incapable of being put up with
in- + tolerable (Wiktionary)