from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A current flowing across another current.
- n. A conflicting tendency, inclination, or movement: a crosscurrent of dissent; sociopolitical crosscurrents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A turbulent stretch of water caused by multiple currents.
- n. A situation in which there are conflicting opinions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a stretch of turbulent water in the sea.
- n. a tendency or sentiment within a group which conflicts with that of the majority; -- often used in the plural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stretch of turbulent water in a river or the sea caused by one current flowing into or across another current
- n. actions counter to the main group activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.