from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of descend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to descent; moving downwards.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moving or directed downward; characterized by downward direction.
- Characterized by descent or decrease as regards the value or importance of its constituent members; indicating a continued lowering as regards position, value, or importance: as, a descending scale or series.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. coming down or downward
Sorry, no etymologies found.