from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being partially or very casually dressed.
- n. Casual or lounging attire.
- n. An intentionally careless manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Extreme casual or disorderly dress, shirt tail out, sleeves unbuttoned, etc.
- n. A loose, negligent dress.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An undress; a loose, negligent dress; deshabille.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Undress, or negligent dress; specifically, a loose morning-dress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being carelessly or partially dressed
French déshabillé, from past participle of déshabiller, to undress : des-, dis- + habiller, to clothe; see habiliment.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)