from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being divine.
- n. The godhead; God. Used with the.
- n. A deity, such as a god or goddess.
- n. Godlike character.
- n. Theology.
- n. A soft white candy, usually containing nuts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being divine, of being like a god or God.
- n. A deity (a god, goddess or God).
- n. The study of religion or religions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being divine; the nature or essence of God; deity; godhead.
- n. The Deity; the Supreme Being; God.
- n. A pretended deity of pagans; a false god.
- n. A celestial being, inferior to the supreme God, but superior to man.
- n. Something divine or superhuman; supernatural power or virtue; something which inspires awe.
- n. The science of divine things; the science which treats of God, his laws and moral government, and the way of salvation; theology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being divine; deity; godhead; the nature of God; divine nature.
- n. [capitalized] God; the Deity; the Supreme Being: generally with the definite article.
- n. In general, a celestial being; a divine being, or one regarded as divine; a deity.
- n. That which is divine in character or quality; a divine attribute; supernatural power or virtue.
- n. The science of divine things; the science which treats of the character of God, his laws and moral government, the duties of man, and the way of salvation; theology: as, a system of divinity; a doctor of divinity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
- n. white creamy fudge made with egg whites
- n. the rational and systematic study of religion and its influences and of the nature of religious truth
- n. the quality of being divine
Latin divinitas (Wiktionary)