from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quantity by which another quantity, the dividend, is to be divided.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A number or expression that another is to be divided by.
- n. An integer that divides another integer an integral number of times.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The number by which the dividend is divided.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In arithmetic: A number or quantity by which another number or quantity (the dividend) is divided.
- n. A number which, multiplied by an integer quotient, gives another number of which it is said to be a divisor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer
- n. the number by which a dividend is divided
Sorry, no etymologies found.