from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of doughnut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deep-fried piece of dough or batter, commonly made in a toroidal or ellipsoidal shape, and mixed with various sweeteners and flavors, sometimes filled with jelly, custard or cream.
- n. Anything in the shape of a torus
- n. a peel-out or skid-mark in the shape of donut; a 360-degree skid.
- n. A spare tire, smaller than a full sized tire and is only intended for temporary use.
- n. A toroidal cushion typically used by hemorrhoid patients.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small ring-shaped friedcake
Alteration of doughnut, from dough + nut. (Wiktionary)