from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One trained in teaching; a teacher.
- n. A specialist in the theory and practice of education.
- n. An administrator of a school or an educational institution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person distinguished for his/her educational work
- n. A person who, or a thing which, educates
- n. A teacher
- n. A person that accepts responsibility for the educating process and educates by supporting and assisting an educand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who educates; a teacher.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which educates; specifically, one who makes a business or a special study of education; a teacher or instructor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who educates young people
Sorry, no etymologies found.