from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A drink consisting of milk or cream, sugar, and eggs beaten together and often mixed with an alcoholic liquor such as rum or brandy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A beverage based on milk, eggs, sugar, and nutmeg; often made alcoholic with rum, brandy or whisky; popular at Christmas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A drink consisting of eggs beaten up with sugar, milk, and (usually) wine or spirits.
- n. A drink make from eggs beaten with milk, cream, and sugar, often spiked with rum or other alcoholic liquor, and sometimes seasoned with cinnamon; usually spelled eggnog. It is a traditional drink served at social gatherings during the Christmas season.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sweet, rich and stimulating cold drink made of eggs, milk, sugar, and spirits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a punch made of sweetened milk or cream mixed with eggs and usually alcoholic liquor
egg1 + nog, ale.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)