from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an equal manner in equal shares or proportion; with equal and impartial justice; without difference; alike; evenly; justly; as, equally taxed, furnished, etc.
- adv. In equal degree or extent; just as.
- adv. Used to link two or more coordinate elements
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an equal manner or degree in equal shares or proportion; with equal and impartial justice; without difference; alike; evenly; justly
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an equal manner or to the same degree; alike.
- In equal shares or portions: as, the estate is to be equally divided among the heirs.
- Impartially; with equal justice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in equal amounts or shares; in a balanced or impartial way
- adv. to the same degree (often followed by `as')
equal + -ly (Wiktionary)