from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in an essential manner; in essence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an essential manner or degree; in an indispensable degree; really.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By reason of natural constitution; in essence: as, minerals and plants are essentially different.
- In an essential manner or degree; in effect; fundamentally: as, the two statements do not differ essentially.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in essence; at bottom or by one's (or its) very nature
essential + -ly (Wiktionary)