from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, practice, or ceremony of exorcising.
- n. A formula used in exorcising.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the ritual act of driving out supposed evil spirits from persons, places or things who are possessed by them.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of exorcising; the driving out of evil spirits from persons or places by conjuration; also, the form of conjuration used.
- n. Conjuration for raising spirits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of expelling evil spirits by conjurations and religious or magical ceremonies; a conjuration or ceremony employed for this purpose.
- n. The act of, or formula used in, raising the devil or other spirit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. freeing from evil spirits
Sorry, no etymologies found.