from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In an express or a definite manner; explicitly: I expressly ordered the visitor to leave.
- adv. Especially; particularly: tools designed expressly for left-handed workers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an expressive or explicit manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an express manner; in direct terms; with distinct purpose; particularly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an express, direct, or pointed manner; of set purpose; in direct terms; plainly; explicitly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with specific intentions; for the express purpose
express + -ly (Wiktionary)