from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 126 pounds (56.7 kilograms), between junior featherweight and junior lightweight.
- n. A boxer competing in this weight division.
- n. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
- n. A contestant in this weight division.
- n. A person or thing of little weight or size.
- n. An insignificant person: a political featherweight.
- adj. Of or relating to featherweights.
- adj. Unimportant; trivial: featherweight political issues.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A weight division in professional boxing of a maximum of 126 pounds or 57 kilograms.
- n. A boxer who fights in this division.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a professional boxer who weighs between 123 and 126 pounds
- n. weighs 126-139 pounds
- n. an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 126 pounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.