from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bit, scrap, or morsel: "sparkling black bass ... strewn with snippets of coriander and basil” ( Gael Greene).
- n. Informal A small or mischievous person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a tiny piece or part
- n. a textfile containing a relatively small amount of code, useless by itself, along with instructions for inserting that code into a larger codebase
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small part or piece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small part or share; a small piece snipped off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small piece of anything (especially a piece that has been snipped off)
From snip + -et. Compare snippock. (Wiktionary)