from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports An incompetent or easily defeated athlete, especially a prizefighter.
- n. Slang A stupid or clumsy person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stupid, oafish or clumsy person.
- n. Someone incompetent or untalented in the specified area.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a second-rate prize fighter
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Possibly, from Polish surname Paluka, or variant of Polack. (Wiktionary)