from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the form of threads or filaments; filamented.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a thread; consisting of threads or filaments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a thread; composed of threads or filaments.
- Capable of being drawn out into filaments, like mucus; hence, in medicine, containing a stringy substance: as, filamentous urine.
- Having filaments; fringed or fringe-like; fimbriate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. thin in diameter; resembling a thread
Sorry, no etymologies found.