from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of or having the texture or appearance of wood; woody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or resembling wood; woody.
- adj. Containing lignin or xylem.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of wood; consisting of wood; of the nature of, or resembling, wood; woody.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or resembling wood; wooden; woody; in botany, having a wood-like texture; woody, as distinguished from herbaceous. Also lignose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of or containing lignin or xylem
From Latin ligneus, from lignum, wood; see leg- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)