from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small squib-like firework.
- n. Alternative spelling of fishgig.
- n. A police informer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fishgig.
- n. A firework, made of damp powder, which makes a fizzing or hissing noise when it explodes.
- n. A gadding, flirting girl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A frivolous, gadding girl.
- n. A firework, made of damp powder, which makes a hissing or fizzing noise when ignited: in one form called by boys a volcano.
- n. A corrupt form of fishgig.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
- n. a firework that fizzes as it moves
From unknown + Middle English gig ("frivolous woman"). (Wiktionary)