from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A condition, time, or period of flowering. See Synonyms at bloom1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The time, or the condition of budding or flowering
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bursting into flower; a blossoming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a bursting into flower; the state of being in bloom; inflorescence; anthesis.
- n. A flowering or blossoming out; growth; development; maturity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time and process of budding and unfolding of blossoms
New Latin flōrēscentia, from Latin flōrēscēns, flōrēscent-, present participle of flōrēscere, inchoative of flōrēre, to flower, bloom; see flourish.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)