from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The beliefs, practices, or doctrine of an iconoclast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The belief in, participation in, or sanction of destroying religious icons and other symbols or monuments, usually with religious or political motives.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrine or practice of the iconoclasts; image breaking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of breaking or destroying images; specifically, a general destruction of the images and pictures set up in churches as objects of veneration carried out by the Iconoclasts in the eighth and ninth centuries, and by Protestants in the Netherlands in the sixteenth century.
- n. Hence The act of attacking cherished beliefs or traditional institutions regarded as based on error or superstition: the doctrine or spirit of one who so attacks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the orientation of an iconoclast
Back-formation from iconoclast.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From iconoclast. (Wiktionary)