from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The period of time between sunrise and noon; morning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The time period between dawn and noon; morning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The early part of the day, from morning to meridian, or noon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The period of daylight before noon; the day from sunrise to noon; the morning; in a restricted sense, the latter part of the morning, especially that part of it which is ordinarily employed in transacting business.
- (fōr′ nön). Pertaining to, occurring in, or connected with that part of the day before noon: as, a forenoon visit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time period between dawn and noon
Sorry, no etymologies found.