from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a formal manner.
- adv. In accordance with official procedure.
- adv. In accordance with rigorous rules.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a formal manner; essentially; characteristically; expressly; regularly; ceremoniously; precisely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a formal manner; as regards form; in form.
- [In the Scotist philosophy this adverb was introduced into a proposition to show that it was true by virtue of a definition, or “identically.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a formal manner
- adv. with official authorization
formal + -ly (Wiktionary)