from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being forward.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being forward; cheerful readiness; promtness.
- n. An advanced stage of progress or of preparation; advancement.
- n. Eagerness; ardor.
- n. Boldness; confidence; assurance; want of due reserve or modesty.
- n. A state of advance beyond the usual degree; prematureness; precocity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being forward or in advance; a state of advancement: as, the forwardness of spring; the forwardness of a scholar.
- n. Cheerful readiness; promptness; eagerness; confidence.
- n. Undue assurance; lack of becoming modesty: as, the forwardness of an ill-bred child.
- n. Synonyms Promptitude, zeal; presumption; Willingness. Forwardness expresses more than willingness in that it implies promptitude and active desire, while willingness has lost the sense implied in its derivation, and expresses rather a somewhat passive readiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. prompt willingness
- n. offensive boldness and assertiveness
- n. an advanced stage
forward + -ness (Wiktionary)