from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fussy or showy dress or ornamentation.
- n. A rustling sound, as of silk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of frou-frou.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rustling, esp. the rustling of a woman's dress.
- n. showy or frilly ornamentation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rustling, particularly the rustling of silk, as in a woman's dress: as, the silken frou-frou of her movements.
French, of imitative origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)