from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing or fitted to the entire length, especially of the human body: a full-length mirror; a full-length robe.
- adj. Of a normal or standard length: a full-length novel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not shortened; complete and uncut
- adj. Covering the full height of the body
- adj. (of a painting or sculpture) Representing the full height of the body
- adj. At full stretch, requiring the whole body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. accommodating the full height of the human figure.
- adj. representing the full height of the human figure.
- adj. unabridged. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Embracing the whole; extending the whole length: as, a full-length portrait.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. representing or accommodating the entire length
- adj. complete
Sorry, no etymologies found.