from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exploding or detonating.
- adj. Pathology Occurring suddenly, rapidly, and with great severity or intensity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. exploding or detonating
- adj. Occurring suddenly, rapidly, and with great severity or intensity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thundering; fulminating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lightening and thundering; making a great stir.
- In pathology, developing suddenly: as, fulminant plague.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sudden and severe
Latin fulmināns, fulminant-, present participle of fulmināre, to strike with lightning; see fulminate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin fulminare, to strike like lightning (Wiktionary)