from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The part of the hind leg of a horse or related animal between the stifle and the hock.
- n. Obsolete Galligaskins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. trousers, hose
- n. part of the hind leg of a horse, which is between the stifle and the hock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sweet cherry, Prunus avium.
- n. The common gooseberry.
- n. The hinder part of a horse's thigh, extending from the stifle to the bend of the hock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lower part of a horse's thigh between the hock and the stifle
Probably short for galligaskins.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)